Friday 5 December 2008

Speaking, Stress and Back Ache

Hi Everyone
Have you ever had to stand up and give a speech, to colleagues, at a function be it work related, friends or family?
I remember my wedding standing up and talking and being very afraid. I have given some work related presentations, some good, some not so good. So I thought I would go on a short course.
There is a book to go with the course, very good and for inf go to http://www.youcanspeakwithconfidence.com/course/
I didn't come at all prepaired, in fact not prepared at all. There were 3 presentations in all, per person. My first was hurried and poor, about inter net marketing, SEO (search engine optimisation) and making the most of Google adds.
Quite a boring choice. The second presentation was supposed to be a refinement of the first, which everyone else did. I threw my first speech away and talked about backs, how to care for them and nutrition and exercise. A much more interseting, from the students point of view, presentation.
The final speech was a suprise, stand up and talk about a buisness. I managed to make a funeral buisness sound funny.
Two of us were chosen to stand up and talk about any subject, using a mind map as notes. I chose my version of the history of Martial Arts, with special referance to Yoshinkan Aikido.
I noticed after tge first speech that I was nervous, tense and had shoulder and back pains. After the second, slightly more pain, but no more for the rest of the day.
I got home and used EFT to tap away the pain and give a general boost.
I feel if I had been prepared, had reherarsed the speeches then I would, probably, had a pain free day.
Still I learned some valuable lessons, the speaking book has given me more tips and I can now speak with confidence and avoid stress and back pains.
Best Wishes.
Paul
For more information on back pains, as usual please refer to http:www.backpainloss.com

No comments: