Wednesday 24 June 2009

Something completly differant.

Hello everyone.
A bit of a change today. I have received some feedback, yes someone writes to me, and more variety was asked for.

So as the theme of this blog is back pain, and the intent is to help, today I will do something unusual.

So whats your most embarrassing back pain situation, and why. I, having asked, have to kick off the discussion.

What is my most embarrassing back pain incident, and why? This is difficult for me, I have injured my back in those long off Martial Arts days, I have caused injury, working on a computer, excess exercise and work, but never in an embarrassing way.

That is, unless you count the time I had an epileptic fit. I came home,Friday afternoon, and the lady who cared for our children gave a cup of tea, I was drowsy and vague. I just let the tea pour into my lap and soak into my clothes. I then fitted, several times. Eventually a doctor was called, I was sent to Hospital. My wife found me sitting in a wheelchair several hours later, and nobody knew why. So i got home, spent a weekend with the family. Monday came and with a strange aroma, off to the doctors, there was mild panic, I had severe burns all around my pelvis and back, the wound had formed a boil, it had burst. The doctor, who had seen me the previous Friday, was shocked to find I had not been told of the injury and returned daily for treatment.
A month followed, 4 weeks, of daily visit to the doctor, followed by a mile long walk home, money was scarce. I arrived at the surgery feeling great, the scabs got picked and cleaned, I felt ill and walked home.
Eventually I got to go back to work, still burnt, and sat on a childs inflatable ring to ease the pain. Great fun for my collegues. I still have the scars, and the memories.
Any comments?
Best

1 comment:

TheresaT said...

My most embarrassing back pain injury was caused by bending over to take a cooked chicken out of the oven. It was such a slight and everyday action I thought nothing of it when I bent at the waist but as soon as I went to straighten up I couldn't. I was in excruciating pain for several days afterwards and had the embarrassment of explaining it was caused by a chicken whenever anyone asked what I'd done.