Sunday 19 October 2008

Childrens Health.

Hello
I was watching a Television programme recently about children with backache.
The piece went on to explain how this was a new phenomenon and had happened in the past. The reasons were, in no particular order:

Children were made to carry heaver , or more, text books these days. I was surprised as I remember my children gradually spending more and more time on computers. I always assumed this was work related.

Lack of exercise, this one I did understand. I remember attending the last sports day at my sons junior school, he was about 10 years old. The teachers made a great fuss about it not being about winning, but taking part. So any child who wanted to do his best and win, had little chance.

Finally nutrition, if you eat a lot of fat, you tend to get fat. Unhealthy food, lots of it, tends to make you unhealthy.

There were more supporting reasons, but these three give a good basis for backache.
If you continually load one part of your skeletomuscular system with heavy loads, deprive your body of regular exercise that would include bending, stretching and twisting you get a physical problem. Then deprive the system of the nutrients it requires and instead feed it "junk" then don't be surprised if it is less that perfect.

Children, usually, have a desire to run, play, and generally exercise. They have great reserves of energy and this natural desire should be encouraged. Feed them good natural food and hopefully this will counter the book carrying.
I hope you are all well, regards
Paul

No comments: