Sunday 12 October 2008

What is Pain

Hello
A rather interesting heading for to days offering. If anyone ever goes to http://www.backpainloss.com and reads about me and shoes, you will understand the rest of this, writing.
My wife has recently complained of lower back pains, for a week or so. Well you might be forgiven for expecting me to use the little Therapeutic skills I have to sort out her back. Instead I have been working on one of her knees. I learnt some time ago that the old song "Them Bones" was very apt. Especially the bit about each bone being connected to another bone. As far as my limited Anatomy and Physiology goes, few, if any, bones are connected. There are, however, a multitude of muscles, ligaments and sinews covering and linking bones so that the effect is that there is a connection.
What has this to do with my wife? Her knee has been "out" now for nearly a month. I started with Reiki, putting in energy, then a body balance helped for a week. I went back to bas ice, for me, and looked up the Reflex point for the knee, its been so long.
To cut a long story short, the knee has a reason to hurt, non physical, so I will be carrying out an EFT (look it up) and finding the root cause.
The point of all this was to say, when you find yourself with a pain, take a step back, is there a reason for it? I have a pain in my shoulder when I pick up a computer mouse with my left hand, but that's another story.
Bye for now.
Paul

No comments: