Saturday 28 March 2009

Emotion and Back Pain Loss

Hi to all my many readers.
I thought I would touch on the part I feel emotional "baggage" plays in back pain, or any pain for that matter.
This came about as a result of one om my regular clients presenting with her usual problem. The client is my Daughter, the treatments, always free of cost. She should read back pain loss, but is always too busy.
Her particular problem is an ankle bone containing a small spur of bone tissue. Three operations and a lot of discomfort and she is no better off than when we first investigated her pains in the foot. The only change is she knows traditional medicene cant help. The best offer was to fuze the bones of the anklf. This would have lead, eventually to a need to fuze the knee and finally the hips. As I may have said in this Blog, she chose pain.
Where does emotion come in? Elizabeth is temperamental, some say she has a firey personality. She has a habitof collecting emotional baggage like some Women collect hanbags. Though she would deny this, her emotions affect her health and she suffers.
I offer, and the offer is accepted, physical mobilisation and some energy work, we have not done any real emotional work. Till we do, the problem will remain a physical one needing physical intervention.
I have noticed on several occasions when dealing with a client, sometimes a shoulder wont go back, "because its' been like that for years" another time someone would not respond to Hypnosis and loose weight, because it turned out "my partner like me this shape".
Unless a person is prepared to find the underlying cause to a problem, then we are only scratching the surface, fixing a sympton, not the cause.
Hope this makes some sense to someone. Enjoy the weekend
Paul

No comments: