Tuesday 12 August 2008

Complementary Therapies for Back Pain

Hello and welcome to another day at my Back Pain Blogg.

Today I would like to touch on the subject of Complementary Therapies and Back Pain. There are so many back related problems in the modern world today, Upper and Lower Back pain, Sciatic Pain, Frozen Shoulders, just a few of the many painful ailments that are helped by the many different Complementary Therapies practiced today.
I remember treating one on my brothers suffering from a frozen shoulder a few years ago. He did not respond to massage, mobilisation or even Reiki. I happened to read a book on Kneisiology ( I think the spelling is right) amd applied light pressure to the points mentioned to relieve a frozen shoulder, the treatment worked. Another, less successful time, I was taking the 2nd year Amatsu exam and had given a near perfect examination and carried out the required treatment. Until I came to the right shoulder, I had balanced the rest of the body but this shoulder would not correct itself. The lady student then told me "You cant do anything, even the Instructors cant help". It seemed the lady had fallen when a young girl and the "memory" of the injury had stayed. It wasn't until a few years later when I studied NLP that I realised that until the lady dealt with the emotional issue of the fall, that the physical issue could be dealt with.
So Physical issues may rely on emotional answers, or an emotional issue need an environmental answer, or good nutrition may be the answer. Any health issue may rely on more than just a physical answer.
So if you want a whole range of answers, then why not look at :www.backpainloss.com
Paul

No comments: