Thursday 8 January 2009

Things arn;t what they seem

Good evening.
Its 7:30 and Croxley Green is dark, and quiet, except for the emergency vehicle that just dashed up the road, sirens blaring My wife and son have just got back from a days work in London. Which brings me to my subject today, my wife and her left knee. Sounds the title of a bad film.
For some time my wife, Theresa, has sufferd with her knee, I have massaged it, given Reiki treatments, but it still hurt her. So last night I sat down with her and had a little play.
I have probably said before that if someone has a problem in their body, the cause need not be in the surrounding area. My daughter suffered an overbite that was not sorted till her ankle was put right, well rightish. But thats another story.
So I looked at Theresa knee, her calf, ankle and finally arrived at her big toe after she complained of a pain there. I probably should have gone there first.
The toe was rock solid, there was no movement in any plane. It would not rotate, go back or forward, twist or compress or extend.
When a human walks, the action is basically, heel strike, foot laid down, then spring off the big toe and transition to the next step.With a solid toe, Theresa was walking badly, putting stress on her ankle, calf, thigh and lower back.
I mobilised the toe, worked on the ankle, calf and thighs.
By working on the calf I was able to help her Sciatic problems as the calf, from behind the ankle to the belly of the muscle forms a major part of the Reflexolgy massage point for sciatic pain.
There has been an effect, if not a complete cure, as the knee problem appears to have changed somewhat.
I will continue to monitor the situation.
If you want information on back pain, as this is the core subject of the blog, please go to www.backpainloss.com
Bye for now
Paul

No comments: